Saturday 6 April 2013

Carlyn's Diary: April Holiday happenings


I am currently on school holidays. I have one more week to go. I love being on a break as last term was very hard. I was stressed last term with the school workload. There were times when I thought I would not be able to finish it but I worked hard and I did. Last term was a series of highs and lows. I was short tempered at times and easily annoyed. I was even grumpier than one of my co-workers who is known for his grumpiness!

But it wasn’t always so stressful. In between I had a lot of fun times myself. I was conscious that it was my last year at uni and that I should make the most of it. I have been going out with uni friends more. We have a two hour lunch break on Tuesdays and we go out to lunch together. I know that once we graduate, we’ll still keep in touch but it won’t be the same. So I just enjoy the time. I really should take some photos.

I have a ton of homework to do during the holidays. So far I have done zero. I didn’t mean to do nothing but that’s how it turned out. When the week first started, I was tired from having completed an assignment. So I thought I would take the weekend off and be study free. Then I decided to catch up with blogging and finish off my book reviews. The Jackie Chan book took three days to write and the other one took two days to write. During that time, I had an addiction to Taptiles- a game on my computer where you match tiles up as fast as you can. Boy did I waste a lot of time on that! In the end, I deleted it from my start menu (I have windows 8 and the start menu is like a tablet menu with lots of apps).
Taptiles

But now I am back in study mode. I have two assignments to complete before the holidays finish. I should be okay at doing them, they are just essays. After the holidays I will be away on prac. I am going to an elementary school to learn how to be a teacher. This time, I am going to a private school. I haven’t been to a private school in two years.  I have already been to the school. It’s a large building, only two years old. Everything is brand new and very clean. My new mentor teacher seems nice and she says all her kids are lovely.

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck, Carlyn! I am sure in the end, everything will work out just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you the best of luck. Small question. By any chance would you be from Australia because looking at you blog URL I see the .au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole, yes I am Australian. Thanks for following my blog on Bloglovin, I'm following you as well. I look forward to reading your work.

      Delete
  3. Wow, sounds like you will have an amazing experience at the elementary school! It's great that you have a nice mentor :)

    I hope you've cleared your assignments with ease and aren't so stressed now!

    Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving behind such lovely comments. They are always a joy to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renae
      Yes I finished my assignments. One of my assignments was done in a rush so I don't expect a good grade for it, I suspect I will at least pass but no A or B grade for me. I will have to try harder on the next assignment for the course. But at least I don't have to worry about it anymore. I love your adventures in Singapore.

      Delete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...