Sunday 3 January 2016

Old Goals Reviewed 2015

1. Be Productive
I have a tendency to procrastinate so I made a conscious effort to stop. There were times when I spent countless hours on the internet but I was more aware of it and made efforts to stop.  I think I made a good effort.

2. Save 3 Months worth of wages
I didn’t achieve this goal. I actually spent more in 2015 from going out and being too generous with family and buying stuff I didn’t need.

3. Dress Better 
I did make an effort in 2015 to dress nicely and try new fashions. I asked my friends to help create outfits for me which you can read about here. I also learnt that while I like fashion, I am really more of a low maintenance person and I like to wear simple things.

4. Obtain More Qualifications
I didn’t get more qualifications as I couldn’t afford the courses that I wanted. 

5. Go Green
I do try to be environmentally mindful. I try to purchase products that are safe for the environment and I try to have a low carbon footprint. At first, I was worried that organic or sustainable items would be expensive but I discovered that there is a wide variety and price range.

6.Exercise 
I did a little bit of exercise during 2015 but not a regular basis.  It’s something I have to work on.

7. Do something awesome for mum's 50th birthday
Mum wanted a barbecue and she had a small party with friends. I wanted to do something extravagant but she wanted a low key event. She didn’t even tell her friends that it was her birthday.

8. Read 36 books this year
I certainly did more reading in 2015. I took a book with me everywhere which helped me to finish books.  Carrying a book around helped me to escape the boredom during waiting time such as waiting for the doctor and in restaurants.

I thought I would finish this goal except for a small mistake I made. I kept a list of the books I read and I miscounted. After the number 25, I had written 30, 31, 32 etc. I wasn’t aware that I had made a mistake until near the end of the year. So, I had a mad scramble to finish the list. I needed to read 11 more books. I searched through my  to be read pile for my thinnest books and read those. Unfortunately, I still didn’t finish my goal.


Fortunately, reading 30 books in 2015 is still an achievement for me. My yearly average was about 15 books prior to the goal. 

Overall, I think I did okay last year in completing my goals. There were some that I put more effort to than others like the reading goal and the environmental goal. This year, I still want to have exercise and saving money as a goal. Those goals seem to be my biggest hurdles. All I can do is keep trying. 

2 comments:

  1. I always dread the goals review post more than I do the new goals post each year. I think you really did quite well in achieving your 2015 goals Carlyn.

    I know you put in a good bit of effort too! Which is almost as important as achieving your goals. I myself, failed miserably this past year in keeping any kind of focus on my goals and hope to change that in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a good job with them! Some of them weren't achievable for one reason or another, and some were missed, but you put in a good effort towards them and quite a few were reached as well. Hope you can get some good goals in for 2016.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...