Monday 27 June 2016

Entertainment Monday: Superhero Songs (Monday, June 27, 2016)


Entertainment Monday: Superhero Songs (Monday, June 27, 2016)

There are several great songs that mention Superheroes and Super Man is likely the most common subject of songs over the years.  There have been songs that mention other heroes as well though and as a fan of comic books and Superhero movies I wanted to share some songs that feature Superheroes.

The death of Superman was a comic book that came out in 1992.  Five years later in 1997 Our Lady Peace came out with a song called Superman's Dead.  I don't know if it was inspired by the comic book or not, but I always thought it was a great tune to rock out to.

Superman's Dead by Our Lady Peace


As a Little Kid My oldest brother Robert had an Album about the Justice League of America.  One of the most memorable songs from the album was about Plastic Man.  To this day I can remember the opening and the first verse!

Plastic Man off the Justic League Record


Superhero's are not only the subject of songs by male artists.  Taylor Swift sang her own popular tune about the Man of Steel.

Superman by Taylor Swift


One of my favorite Superhero Songs of all time and favorite Superman Songs is It's Not Easy by Five for Fighting.  The song was eventually used during the Smallville television series after repeated calls from fans to include it during the series.

Superman (It's not Easy) by Five For Fighting


The Cure took on another Superhero with their epic song Lullaby, a dark tune that mentions Spider Man.

Lullaby by The Cure


Back to the Superman theme, 3 Doors Down also sang their ode to one of the original Caped Crusaders with their hit Kryptonite.


Hopefully you enjoyed our Superhero themed Entertainment Monday and if you are wish to share some of your favorite Super Hero songs that I may have left out in our comments section, please do so.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you have themes for your songs Jon. I just choose whatever I am currently listening to for Entertainment Mondays. I thought Lullaby by The Cure was unnerving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes I can understand that about Lullaby. The Cure in general as a band were a bit unnerving and it's funny to me that I never got into them AT ALL when I was younger and my best friend at the time, George was a huge fan of theirs.

    It was not until the last couple of years that I've come to appreciate them as a band.

    I enjoy coming up with the theme's when I can because it provides some flexibility at times in musical genre, and I like music across so many different genres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I totally forgot to share the Theme Song from the Greatest American Hero when I made this post. >.< I'm still annoyed about my forgetfulness on that matter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsWgG5v7A3A

    The theme song AND The show was the corniest goofball song and show you'd ever watch, and yet it was endearing and awesome for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great song, very easy listening.

      Delete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...