Monday 4 July 2016

Entertainment Mondays: Taeyeon (Monday 4 July 2016)


Taeyeon is an Kpop singer from the group Girls Generation. I recently stumbled upon her song Starlight featuring DEAN after watching a video about Korea. The song is about being in love and how they are each other’s “starlight”.  Starlight has been on my repeat list ever since. I love the cruisey, dreamlike vibe of the video clip which I believe is filmed somewhere in California and the music is a fun chill out song.



After listening to Starlight, I went to listen to other the songs by Taeyeon. I also like I featuring Verbal Jint which set in a gorgeous location but this time in New Zealand. The song is about escaping drudgery and going after your dreams.


Thirdly, I love her song Rain where Taeyeon sings about how every time it rains she misses her loved one. I love the symbolism in the video clip when the room starts to slowly flood.  



I’ve definitely become a fan of Taeyeon. I look forward to listening to her other songs. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Taeyeon's voice. She is talented and pretty.

    Not to generalize K-Pop, but when I listen to it I often feel like I am transported back to the 1990s and my high school days. I think it's a combination of the sounds and the theme's that bring me back.

    I liked the second video best. I like when artist's don't get overly symbolic in their music videos and give you a straight story that you can follow along to the music with. That's especially helpful when I don't have a complete grip on the lyrics.

    I think I like Akdong Musician best out of the K-Pop bands you've shared but Taeyeon is close. Do most K-Pop stars get their fame in South Korea or by heading to Japan or New Zealand or Oz?

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...