Tuesday 21 February 2012

The Genius Wars by Catherine Jinks


The Genius Wars is a book that I have put off reading for a whole year because I was too “busy” to read it. I finally read the book.  The Genius Wars is the last book in the Genius trilogy. It is the story of a Sydney teenager named Cadel who is a child prodigy who is especially good at computer hacking as well as strategizing. Cadel has a mentor named Prosper English who is a criminal mastermind who wants Cadel to dominate the world. 

I don’t want to reveal too much of the story because it’s an interesting one that you should read yourself. There are lot of twists and turns that I don’t want to reveal. The writing is strong and detailed and you’ll end up feeling like you really know Cadel.

I would say that you ought to start from book one (Evil Genius) because Genius Wars just continues along with the stories from other two books without much exposition.

After reading all three books, I would say the first book is the best because you get to read about Cadel growing up from babyhood to adolescence and there are some mysteries in his life that are later revealed.

The only criticism that I have is that sometimes the story is a little bit too ridiculous at times and Cadel is a bit of cry baby.

I have picked Leonard Nimoy’s autobiography, I am Spock as my new book to read. I am still reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Piccoult too and I am almost halfway through the story. It’s a bit of a sad story so I thought it would be good to balance out the sadness with something humorous which is I decided to read I am Spock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...