Monday 12 October 2015

Entertainment Monday: Due Date ( 12 October 2015)


*This movie is meant for mature audiences.

I caught a bit of this movie on tv and decided to rent this movie so I could watch the rest of it.  Due Date is in the same vein as Planes, Trains and Automobiles. It is a movie where two opposite people must travel together and everything goes wrong.
source
Robert Downey Jnr plays Peter Highman. He’s a quick tempered, upstanding man who must get home in time to see the birth of his first child. Peter meets Ethan Tremblay( Zach Galifianakis) who is a kindhearted, naïve and ignorant man who has annoying tendencies.  Both the men are heading to Los Angeles but get kicked off the plane after an argument. Both of the men are on the no fly list so must find another way to travel. Peter has no money after leaving his wallet in his luggage on the plane. However, Ethan offers to take him to Los Angeles in a rental car and fund the whole trip.  During the journey, lots of arguments and crazy stuff happens.


This movie has Mature Adult 15+ rating in Australia so I was expecting to see some depravity. However, I thought the crude humor and profanity wasn’t that bad in this film.  There is drug use but it isn’t a stoner film as Peter is against drugs and is a straitlaced person. There is hardly any sexual content in the movie except for one moment of self pleasure. I don’t really like gross out humor so I was glad this film was tamer than the usual fare.

source

I thought that Robert Downey Jnr was perfect as Peter, whose personality was similar to Tony Stark. He played off well to Zach Galifianakis who was both gratingly annoying and sympathetic. The two had good chemistry and it was believable that their characters become friends despite their differences.
source
I thought there weren’t as many hijinks compared to other movies. I think because there wasn’t as much slapstick humor. I still found the movie to be entertaining and funny.  Personally, I didn’t have many laugh out loud moments. What I found the most entertaining was the dialogue between Ethan and Peter.

This movie is good to watch with friends. I think it would be fun to watch Due Date and Planes, Trains and Automobiles for a movie night.

Other reviews that may be of interest:



No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...