Monday 4 June 2012

To kill a mockingbird (1962 film)

I just finished watching To kill a mockingbird for the first time. It's on my list of films to watch this year. I chose it because it is listed in almost every best film list and the novel is on every 'books to read before you die' list.
The movie is set in the 1930s and stars Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch, a lawyer who represents a black man who has been accused of raping a white woman. During the trial, Finch is able to establish that his client is innocent but most of the town citizens are prejudiced towards African Americans and want him hanged.

I loved the story, I thought it was a very good movie. I liked the opening credits which I found to be a bit unusual for an old Hollywood movie, in that it starts off with credits going and you can see Scout (Atticus Finch's daughter) drawing a picture. I thought the opening credits would start with dramatic orchestral music and chorus and that their would be big lettering announcing that it's a technicolor film (um... actually it's in black and white film so of course it wouldn't have that) like most old Hollywood films.

I really liked all the characters in the film and thought the acting was great. I liked Atticus Finch because he was strong and calm. There were some scary moments in the film regarding the safety of Atticus' children but he managed to be in control and calm throughout most of those moments.
I also liked the children in the film. I thought they were very natural. I particularly liked Scout who was played by Mary Badham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...