Friday 3 January 2014

My hopes for 2014


The purpose for this blog has always been for Jon and I to keep a record of the goals for the year and to help keep us accountable about our progress. I have simple goals this year and some of them stem from my previous goals.

1. Read new books and finish old ones.
Last year, I had a goal of not buying any new books that were not on my booklist and to finish the books on my shelf. I didn’t finish all the books on the booklist nor did I finish all the books on my shelf. However, I think I do think I got through a good chunk of them. There were times when I wanted to read something new but I set that aside for the next year.
This year I want to read the latest young adult fiction. There are so many teen book series to read and I want to see what all the fuss is about.
When it comes to finishing off old books, I mean the book series that I have started years ago but still have not finished. In most of the series, I am one or two books away from finishing the lot.
So those books are
-          The Narnian book series
-          The Cherubs series by Robert Muchamore
-          Artemis Fowl series
-          The Royal Scholastic Diaries series

2. Be adventurous in fashion
I want to experiment with different colours and styles when it comes to fashion. I tend to stick to what I like and I think it would be fun to try new things.

3. Put myself first
This is one of the goals that I had last year. I still need to work on being assertive, asking for help when I need it and letting people do things for themselves. I’m not a pushover but I do think this is what I still need to work on.

4. Healthy Eating
This year I am going to try to be more conscious about what I’m eating. It doesn’t mean that I will eat nothing but health food. I’m going to try to have a more balanced diet.
I might add a few more goals later but these are the ones that have been on my mind.

I’d love to know what your goals are for this year. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying to eat healthily, too. I want to drink water more and finish all the vegetables on my plate this year. good luck with the goals for you and Jon! and would love to see the improvements of your lives through the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prisilia, good luck on your goals too.

      Delete
  2. Yes, thank you Prisilia! Good luck to you and your family/friends in the New Year!

    Wow Carlyn, I had read your goals a few days ago before I posted mine today, and I didn't realize until re-reading your goals today how close some of mine are to yours. I hope you do not mind that. I think that you have good goals for 2014 and you will do well with them. I am feeling good about this year and wish you the best with accomplishing all you hope to accomplish! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! I'm reading Artemis Fowl Series too. But I enjoy it so much, I'm saving it for later.

    I'm going to try to eat healthier this year too. I normally don't worry about my weight but I noticed I gained too much weight during Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to meet a fellow Artemis Fowl fan. I've been putting off reading the last few books for years so it's time I finished off the series. I was a teenager when I first started the books and now I'm 27!

      Delete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...