Sunday 11 May 2014

11. Your favourite 10 songs right now

1. Fancy by Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX

Fancy is a typical rap swagger song about living the life of luxury. I normally don’t listen to rap music. I first heard this song when Jimmy Fallon chose this song in a recent lip sync battle with Emma Stone. I thought he was so good and that I went to search for the song on You tube. To my delight I found out that Iggy is Australian! I love it when Australians become successful overseas.  To be honest, when I first heard the song, I thought she would be African American so I was surprised to find a white female rapper. 
Another reason to love this song is that the video clip is a homage to Clueless!

2. Because We want to- Billie Piper

Because We want to by Billie Piper is a pop song from 1998 that I really loved as a child. Billie Piper is a British artist who released this song when she was just fifteen years old. She doesn't sing any more as she prefers to be an actor. I still love listening to this song because it reminds me of being an optimistic pre-teen. It’s a very upbeat and catchy that it’s hard not to be happy when you listen to it.

3. Brave – Sara Bareilles

This song is about standing up for yourself and I think it is perfect to play to psych yourself up when you need to speak up. I particularly like BYD Vocal Point Acappella’s cover of the song.

4. Let it go- Idina Menzel 

This is the hit song from the movie Frozen. Frozen is a fairytale about two sisters named Anna and Elsa. Elsa has secret powers that allow her to control the wind and snow and she sings Let it Go when she finally decides to use her powers instead of hiding them. I have wasted many hours listening to various covers of this song on YouTube.

5. Make it out Alive- Hanson

While Hanson may not be as popular as their Mmmbop days, they still continue to make music. This is one of my favourite songs from their Shout it out loud album. Jon Bear says this song reminds him of title song for a sitcom.

6. Bleeding Love- Leona Lewis 

I love this song because it’s so expressive. I think it would great for a contemporary or lyrical hip hop dance number. Whenever I  listen to this song I think of Romeo and Juliet because it’s about loving someone without the approval of others.

7. I wanna be with you- Mandy Moore

This song is so romantic. I think this song is perfect for a bridal waltz.

8. Thousand Years- Christina Perri 

This is another romantic song I adore. I have heard so many covers of this song on Youtube.

9. Tommy and Krista-Thirsty Merc

I love this quirky song by Australian band Thirsty Merc. The song is a love story about two characters called Tommy and Krista.

10. MØ - Say You'll Be There (Cover) 

MØ  did a cover of the Spice Girl’s hit Say you’ll be there. I think it’s an awesome cover and better than the original.



2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite songs currently is by an Australian. It's called Avant Gardener and it's sung by Courtney Barnett. Funnily enough, I didn't realized it during our conversation the other day, but the song is about being asthmatic. >.<

    I never remember saying that about the Hanson song. Listening too it again here I must have said it though, because I totally agree with the comment! Ha!

    Mandy Moore is a major crush so I'm not sure I'm a fair judge of the song. I know you've sent me her song before too, and I like it. She also covered a song by my favorite band XTC, called Senses Working Over Time. More or should I say, "Moore" reason to like her. =D

    The Tommy and Krista song kind of makes me think a little bit of some of today's American country music. Not the sound as much as the lyrics.

    The rap song was good, pretty standard lyrically but I absolutely loved the video homage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to listen to Avant Gardener and I can relate to the experience. I think the lyrics are amusing. I've had a severe cough which has made me develop some asthmatic symptoms which is what Jon Bear is referring to when he mentions asthma.

    I didn't know that you had a crush on Mandy Moore Jon Bear.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...