Wednesday 19 November 2014

Cairns Holiday


It is summer in Australia and I find the days to be face meltingly hot. It hasn’t rained in a long time but today there seems to be a promise of rain. The school year is almost over and I am looking forward to six weeks of summer vacation!  I’ve decided to go on vacation to Cairns, Queensland. Cairns is located in north Queensland and is known for its beautiful beaches and rainforests. It is also located near the Great Barrier Reef which is the world’s largest coral reef system.
source

This is the first holiday which I will be organizing and paying for myself. I never went on holiday before as I could never afford it. I chose Cairns as I wanted to have a typical summer holiday out in the sunshine. I want to be outdoors, swimming at the beach, strolling through the rainforest and browsing through markets.

Here are some of the places that I want to see at Cairns:

The Great Barrier Reef

source
I want to take one of those glass bottomed boats and see the reef. I might go snorkelling as well. There are fifty tour companies that take tourists to the reef and the little tropical islands along the way so there’s lots to do there.

Kuranda

source
Kuranda is a small town located in the rainforest of the Atherton Tableland. It is a town known for its outdoor markets, boutiques and art galleries. One way to get to Kuranda is to take Kuranda 


Scenic Railway which goes through the rainforest. It is a tourist train that travels past waterfalls and there is ongoing commentary about the history of the railway line.
source
I’m also considering taking the  Skyrail Rainforest Cableway on the way back to Cairns. I’m not that crazy about heights but I might still go on the skyrail for the experience.




Cairns Regional Art Gallery
source

I always like to visit art galleries because it is relaxing to walk around and look at art. I also think it would place to go when it gets too hot as most art galleries are air conditioned.

Cairns Botanical Gardens
source
I like botanical gardens as they feature exotic plants and landscapes. I’ve been to the Brisbane, Canberra and Gold Coast gardens so I would like to see what Cairns has to offer.


Lastly, I’m going to be spontaneous in Cairns and see what it has to offer. I plan on going in January 2015 and I will post my adventures later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...