Friday 4 August 2017

August Life Update

Study
I changed from my journalism degree into creative writing. I decided to go with my heart as all I really want to do is write fiction. I originally chose journalism to be sensible because it has better job prospects. However, I thought I might as well be happy because this will be my second degree and I’m not young anymore.

It has been the best decision I made. I’m enjoying my course and I like being around like minded people. I was a bit nervous about sharing my work as we have to critique each other but I’m there to learn so it’s necessary.

Watching

Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (Goblin)
My little brother introduced me to this kdrama. It’s about a Korean general Kim Shin (Gong Yoo)  from ancient times who is executed by the emperor who is afraid he’s too powerful. He gets stabbed with his own sword but doesn’t die. Instead he becomes an immortal known as a goblin and must wander the earth until he meets his bride. The love of his life is the only one that can pull the sword out and grant him death.

It’s an interesting concept and well written. The costuming, special effects and locations are excellent. I recommend the series.

Boys Over Flowers
In this Kdrama is set in high school. It’s about a girl named Geum Jan Di (Ku Hye-sun) who gets a scholarship to Shinhwa High School, a private school in Korea. Students take a disliking to her because she’s not rich especially Gu Jun Pyo (Lee Min-ho), the most popular boy in school. Gu Jun Pyo is the heir to the Shinhwa company and his family owns the school. He does a series of pranks on Geum Jan Di to force her to leave but she rises to the occasion which leads to him falling in love with her.


The two get together but their love is tested by Gu Jun Pyo’s mother who doesn’t approve of the relationship. The couple have the support of Gu Jun Pyo’s friends Yoon Ji Hoo (Kim Hyun-Joong), So Yi Jung (Kim Bum), Song Woo Bin (Kim Joon) who are all heirs to large fortunes. The boys make up the group known as F4 who rule the school.

Reading
The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt Series- Book 1 Me Just Different by Stephanie Morril

source
Skylar Hoyt is this popular high school student who decides to change her life after something bad happens to her at a party. She becomes estranged from her friends as she tries to work out who she real is and finds herself liking an unpopular boy. I thought it was a cute story, it reminded me of the stupid fights you have with your friends in high school.


2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea (and very brave) to have changed your major to what you love. I have a friend who writes fiction and is currently trying to get published. I'm in the process of editing her second book for her. I wish you both luck in pursuing your love of writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I hope your friend's book is very successful.

      Delete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...