Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Notebook (Film)



I finally watched The Notebook. The Notebook is a popular romance movie. I remember when it came out too. There was a lot of buzz before the movie came out, predicting that it would be a big hit.  I didn’t watch The Notebook when it was in the cinemas because I only watch blockbusters at the cinemas. I’m currently reading the book which the movie is based on and I will write a review on that as well.

The movie begins with an old man who is a volunteer reader at a nursing home. The man’s name is Duke and he reads to an elderly lady named Miss Hamilton. Miss Hamilton has Alzheimer so she’s often confused or forgetful. Duke reads to her everyday about the story of Allie and Noah from his notebook.

Allie (played by Rachel McAdams) is a high spirited rich girl who meets soft spoken poor boy Noah (Ryan Gosling) when her family vacations in a coastal town for the summer. Of course the lovers get separated and it takes some years for them to reunite. There’s also a love triangle and Allie must choose who she wants to be with.

I thought it was a beautiful movie. While I was watching it I couldn’t help but make comparisons between the book and the movie. There are only subtle differences between the book and the movie and feel is the same.  I thought the chemistry between Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling was very strong; the pair became a couple in real life as well. What I also loved about the movie was the clothes! Allie was always so well dressed and beautifully made up. It was good to look at her.

The Notebook won’t be on my dvd shelf as it’s not really my kind of movie. I’ll be happy to watch it if one of my friends wants to watch it at their house or if it should come on TV but I don’t care to own it.

I’d love to hear your thoughts about the movie as well. Although you must keep in mind not reveal the twist (even though it’s obvious) as some people may not have watched the film and still want to be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...