Monday 23 February 2015

Entertainment Monday: Modest Mouse (Februray 23, 2015)

Modest Mouse is a band that I've known of for several years now.  They originate out of Washington State, but they are not a Grunge band like many of the bands of Washington State Music fame like Nirvana, Sound Garden, Alice In Chains or Pearl Jam.  I've always thought their lead singer, Isaac Brock had a unique voice that makes the band distinctive and easy to pick out whenever they come out with something new.

Modest Mouse has been around since the mid 1990s.  My niece Katrina recently, this past Summer, had the good fortune of seeing them and Frank Turner perform live at the Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown, NY.  Modest Mouse is coming out with a new album less then a month from now called Strangers to Ourselves.  It will be the bands first release in almost 8 years. Their Single, Lampshades On Fire has hit the airwaves this past month and is getting a lot of buzz for the bands new album. 



One of the first songs I ever heard from Modest Mouse that really peaked my interest in them was the song Float On, which came off of their 2004 album Good News For People Who Love Bad News.  They were one of the first Indie Bands I took to when I moved to the Albany, New York area back in September of 2002.  So they along with a few other Indie bands kind of re-introduced me to a musical genre that my sister had first introduced me to when I was a teenager growing up in Mastic on Long Island.


Another of my favorite songs from Modest Mouse is Dashboard, and my favorite song of theirs is a tie between Missed the Boat and We've Got Everything, all tracks off of their 2007 Album, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank.

 
 


I'm glad that Modest Mouse is coming out with some new music after so many years without a new album.  I'm hoping I'll enjoy the rest of Strangers to Ourselves as much as I've loved their past albums.  I really look forward to next month's release and hope that perhaps some of our fans here might become fans of Modest Mouse.   

1 comment:

  1. I like the name Modest Mouse and I think the lead singer has an interesting singing style.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...