Monday 3 August 2015

Entertainment Monday: Mariah Carey (3 August 2015)


I have been a fan of Mariah Carey since I was a little girl. I wanted to share some of my favourite Mariah Carey songs.


Heartbreaker feat. Jay Z

I was in six grade when this song first came out. I thought it was the perfect summer song. The song features Mariah in two roles in the video clip. She plays a woman who is being cheated on by her boyfriend and she also plays the other woman. The fight she has with herself is my favourite part of the video clip.

The style of jeans that she wore in the video became very popular with the teen crowd. In the video clip, Mariah wears jeans that have the waist band removed with only the button and zipper remaining. The jeans are frayed at the top. I wonder how many girls ruined their jeans for that look. It goes to show that you should not follow a fad wholeheartedly.  

Fantasy remix feat. ODB

I believe the remix featuring ODB made the song cooler. I love how he starts the song because it sets the mood. The song but not the remix was featured in Rush Hour which is one of my favourite movies.


Up Out of my face feat. Nicki Minaj

This was released in 2010 when Mariah and Nicki got along. They didn’t get along with each other when they were judges on American Idol in 2013.



6 comments:

  1. I like Mariah's Carey's songs! I have to say Up out of my face has to be a personal favourite of mine because I also like Nicki Minaj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the song too. It was a surprise for me to find it, I never knew about it until this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Long Island New York native, I always took a kind of pride in Mariah being from the Island. I like to see people have success who grew up near the area I grew up in. Especially WHEN I grew up there as was the case with Mariah Carey who first became famous when I was still living on the Island. She has made so much music over the years, that some of her songs I really like while others I could do without. I enjoyed the songs you shared here. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that Mariah Carey came from Long Island! I can imagine how exciting it was to see her become famous.

      Delete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...