Sunday 28 February 2016

February 2016 Goal Progress


In order to achieve my yearly goals, I have divided the goals up to smaller ones to do each month.  The main goals were: 

Exercise regularly
The original plan was to walk everyday which I didn’t end up doing. I just forgot about this goal actually. Next time, I should print out my goals for the month.

Spend more time outdoors
I did make an effort going outside more. Normally, I am stuck in the house all day but I took the time to go outside.  

Take more risks
This goal was mainly for my career. I’m currently a substitute teacher and I’m looking for more permanent work. To take a risk, I applied for jobs that I wanted that I would have normally wouldn’t have because I would think they would never pick me. I found some interesting jobs outside of the school environment, there was a job for an Education correspondent for a newspaper and a museum needed someone to manage the children’s exhibits with an educational background.

Me time once a month
This month, I decided to watch five movies that I wanted to watch. I didn’t end up watching that many movies; I mostly watched new TV shows. The shows I watched were Goosebumps, House of Cards, Upper Middle Class Bogan, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Torchwood.
I watched Goosebumps which is based on a series of horror books written for children. Goosebump books by R.L Stine were very popular in the 90s when I grew up. The TV series went on for three seasons during 1996-1998.  I use to find the TV show scary as a kid but not as an adult. It’s a nostalgia trip for me.
I only watched one episode each of House of Cards and Torchwood but I am planning on watching the rest of the series. This month, I was more into comedy so I finished Upper Middle Bogan and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. 

Give to charity
In February, I resolved to shop at small businesses to support the local community. So, I went to the corner store instead of the supermarket and the local cinema instead of the big chain.
Read books
I wanted to finish off The Selection series by Kiera Cass but I didn’t finish it. However, I did finish The Elite which was the second book from the series.

Explore Buddhism- Didn’t do.
Print out photos – Didn’t do.

Be positive/Happy- Well I didn’t go out of way to focus on positivity this month but it was a happy month.

What I learned:
I had too many goals this month. In future, I’m going to concentrate on a maximum of three per month. In March, I plan on focusing on taking more risks with my career, finally printing out all the photos for the family albums and saving money.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...