Saturday 18 January 2020

Life Update 2020


Life
I’m a schoolteacher living in the Torres Strait which is a cluster of islands near Far North Queensland and Papua New Guinea. I have been teaching in the Torres Strait for one and a half years. Teaching in the Straits is a challenging and rewarding experience. The Torres Strait is made up of 274 islands and fourteen of these islands are inhabited. All the islands are unique. There are different languages and dialects spoken on each of the islands and the environments differ according to whether it is a central or outer island.
The new school year is about to begin so I’ve got to set up my classroom. I’m teaching a new grade this year so it will be a learning journey for me.

Books
credit: goodreads

I’m currently reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After by Steve Hockensmith. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is one of my favourite books. I was entrigued by the idea of zombies entering England in the Regency period. This book is a prequel to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame Smith and Jane Austen. You can read my review of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame Smith and Jane Austen here

 This book has been on my bookshelf, gathering dust and unread for many years. So I finally decided to read it. I thought it would be a good distraction for me while I was flying to the island that I am currently living on now. I had to board a small plane to get to my island. The plane could carry around ten people. There is no inflight entertainment or air hostess. I felt a bit scared at times from the turbulence and the view of the vast ocean.



Watching

I am watching The People vs. OJ Simpson. It’s a miniseries depicting the trial of O.J Simpson as he was accused of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman. I remember watching the car chase and seeing the trial on the news when I was a kid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...